Wednesday, January 21, 2009

thai food dreaming

I had another funny dream last night. I credit it to eating at a great vegetarian thai food place that Andrea & Jim took me to here in Seattle. The spicyness definitely gave way to some crazy dreaming.

I was in my front yard walking towards the door in the garage and I caught a glimpse of a tree in the backyard and this crazy little creature climbing up the tree, which happened to be a fruit bearing tree (which by the way, we used to have a mango tree in our backyard).

It was this white, shaggy-looking monkey type of animal, but it was as tall as me at the time. It was climbing up this tree and so I started watching it on its ascent.

It got to the top and if you can imagine a very un-proportionate creature amongst some long lanky branches-funny.

So it's up there at the top, then all of the sudden, it starts to fumble around, looses its balance and tumbles through the branches to the ground below. I don't usually laugh at the expense of others, but this was a funny looking creature and the way it fell was humorous to me, so this time, I did laugh.

Shaggy monkey hit the ground, looked up, saw me giggling at its fall and got up. I had an all of the sudden stint of fear.

It was not happy. It got up, started walking towards me in a fast manner and as it approached me, it grew, bigger and bigger, taller and taller. Oh shit.

I felt like I could not get into the house fast enough as this thing made its approach. I jumped in the door and shut it as fast as I could, my Dad happened to be in the house and I told him about this monster that was getting bigger and bigger.

When I say big, I mean like 3 or 4 times the height of an average door.

My Dad was assuring me that it couldn't get through because the door was locked and it wouldn't want to get through that badly to break through the door. Well, it was pushing the door for sure and with some serious force. I was pushing it back and telling it to stop as I reached for a spray bottle of alcohol. I started to spray it through the crack of the door and as I did that, I heard my Mama. She was saying, "Diana, what are you doing??" With a sort of humored tone to her voice.

Oh. Hm. It was my Mama on the other side of the door. My Mama that had become the monster for a moment. My mother the monster.

I opened the door and although it was her, she was super, super tall. I laughed. It was good, I had had some strange conversation with my Mother last night on the phone where I felt that she was being a little monster-like. I'm glad I could see this in a more imaginative way. I think I want my friend Lisa to illustrate it, she has a very eccentric way of seeing images.

Hopefully you can see these in a visual way soon.

Until then, I'm making a list of things I have learned in Seattle.

No comments: